The purpose of the statement is to inform our members and visitors of this website how Emerging Health Leaders (EHL), and it’s various nodes, manage the collection and use of personally identifiable information. The following is not intended and should not be interpreted as a contract of any nature, either stated or implied.
Definition of Personally Identifiable Information
For the purposes of this statement “personally identifiable information” means any information collected for during our general business, which could be used to identify the individual who is the subject of the information.
EHL is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information, maintaining confidentiality and safeguarding the personal information. We value the trust of those we deal with, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that you choose to share with us.
We collect information for our membership, event registration, news subscriptions or other needs. Anyone from whom we collect such information should expect that it will be carefully protected and that any use of or other dealing with this information is subject to consent.
- Accountability: EHL’s Chair is accountable for the privacy practices of EHL, and other executives may be delegated to oversee their node’s activities. EHL uses an abundance of caution and reasonable measure to protect personal information.
- Transparency: EHL is forthcoming and ensures that individuals are informed of the purpose of the collection of their information and how we use personal information, which may vary depending on the methods (electronic, paper, verbal) used to collect and reason the information is collected
- Limiting Collection and Retention: EHL only collects information necessary to fulfill the identified purposes. EHL only collects personal information by fair and lawful means. In addition, EHL only retains information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes it was collected for.
- Limiting Access and Disclosure: EHL limits the accessibility to the executives whenever possible so only individuals that require the information have access to it. In addition, EHL limits the disclosure of personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
- Trust and Consent: EHL trusts its volunteer executive to be accountable to the mission, values and policies of the organization in the collection and use of personal information.
- Accuracy: EHL ensures personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the identified purposes to minimize the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about the individual. EHL routinely updates personal information only when necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected.
Each individual chooses to disclose information to EHL. Once an individual discloses information for membership, event registration, news subscriptions or other needs to EHL, it is considered their personal consent for the disclosure. Personal information gathered by EHL is kept in confidence. Our volunteer executive are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is private and to prevent public disclosure, and to limit access to information as much as possible. EHL will not sell or exchange personal information with third party providers, however, EHL does use third party providers (for example, MailChimp.com) which protect personal information and only for the reason for which the personal information was collected.
We use password protocols and encryption services to protect personal information. Efforts are made to regularly review our privacy practices for our various activities, and update our policy. Please check this website on an on-going basis for information on our most up-to-date practices.
The EHL is a volunteer organization and follows privacy policies under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. Further information on privacy and your rights in regards to your personal information may be found on the website of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.privcom.gc.ca/