Call for EHL Toronto Executive Team Applications
Emerging Health Leaders (EHL) Toronto is seeking to fill a financial management position on its 2017-18 volunteer Executive. EHL Toronto is part of a growing, national-level network that fosters engagement and professional development in the health sector. The Toronto Executive leads initiatives at the local level and contributes to the growth and development of the national EHL organization. EHL is formally partnered with the Canadian Health Leadership Network (CHLnet) and the Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL). Members of EHL are typically in the early stages (i.e., first 5-10 years) of their health leadership career. To learn more about EHL, please visit http://emerginghealthleaders.ca/toronto/.
All interested parties are encouraged to apply. Please email an expression of interest and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
APPLICATIONS DUE: MONDAY, JULY 31, 2017 at 11:59PM
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT LEAD
(1 position open; 1 or 2 year term; renewable)
The primary role of the Financial Management Lead is to oversee the financial activities for EHL Toronto. Specific responsibilities include:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and reviewing financial policies and assuring appropriate procedures and financial safeguards are in place;
- Facilitating, with input and approval by the EHL Toronto Executive, annual financial goals, objectives and priorities;
- Facilitating an annual operating budget with input from the EHL Toronto Executive and working with the Executive in preparation of budget plans for EHL activities, as required;
- Preparing, interpreting and presenting quarterly financial statements to EHL Toronto Executive and members, including financial summaries of each event;
- Keeping an overview of the node’s finances, including ongoing bank account balances plus forecasted revenues and expenses;
- Participating in all EHL Toronto monthly executive meetings and supporting EHL (local, national) events, as required.
Time Commitment: All members of the EHL Toronto Executive are expected to attend monthly executive meetings and EHL Toronto events (approximately 6 per year; may include pre-event planning). Expected time commitment is approximately 10 hours per month. Additional duties may include involvement on national-level committees (approximately 1 hour per month).