Are you a leader with excellent conflict resolution, facilitation and interpersonal skills? If so, the Alberta Medical Association (AMA) is recruiting for the position of Director, Contract Negotiations with the Health Economics branch. If you would like a career in a dynamic, member-driven organization that puts people first, this could be the position for you.
The AMA is the official voice of the medical profession in Alberta. It stands as an advocate for its physician members and provides them with leadership and support in the provision of quality health care. For more information on the AMA please visit our website at www.albertadoctors.org.
Download this job posting
||Director, Contract Negotiations
||May 16, 2014
|The Health Economics (HE) branch supports physicians through compensation strategy and policy development on behalf of Alberta physicians.As the Director, Contract Negotiations you will provide expert advice and leadership to individual member physicians or groups of physicians with regard to development and negotiation of service contracts with third parties, pro-actively lead and manage key projects and initiatives related to alternate payments and represent the AMA on multi-party committees. This position gives you the opportunity to:
- Serve as the AMA staff lead to various alternate payment contract negotiations.
- Proactively plan and organize negotiation processes; Assessing risk, understanding the problem(s), prioritizing, clarifying interests and planning negotiation strategies that include buy-in from the physician at each of these key stages.
- Develop effective working relationships within physician groups, as well as catalyzing effective relationships amongst physician groups and external parties, throughout all stages of the contract negotiations process.
- Facilitate discussion and decision-making among the physicians regarding complex arrangements including but not limited to risk assessment at both the individual and group levels.
- Assess policy gaps related to contract negotiations and develop options for consideration by the Assistant Executive Director (AED), Health Economics (HE), AMA Senior Management Team (SMT), and AMA Board of Directors.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the work of staff and responsibilities assigned to the position. Manage and be accountable for project resources, prioritization and organization.
- Assist the AED, HE in planning, directing and coordinating staff and work of Health Economics.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of health issues and various analytical techniques; analyze and assess policy and economic research pertaining to health care.
|Education and Experience
- Master of economics degree, business or health services administration.
- Eight to ten years of related experience in health care economics and negotiations.
- Leadership, confidence and the ability to inspire physician trust.
- Excellent conflict resolution, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of physician contract models.
- Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to focus and prioritize; demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to interact with and influence the AMA executive, AMA Board of Directors, AMA members, potential members, government, private providers and other professional bodies (e.g.; College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta).
- Ability to provide objective and balanced information to support physicians in making informed decisions.
- Exceptional research, analytical, quantitative, assessment and computer skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop innovative strategies and solutions to the challenges facing the association.
- Excellent knowledge of health economics.
|How to Apply
|Please submit a cover letter with full job title and resume, in confidence to:
Alberta Medical Association
12230 – 106 Avenue N.W.
Edmonton, AB T5N 3Z1
|This position will remain open until May 16, 2014, or until a suitable candidate is selected. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.